Catch Some More Zzzs
Is something on your mind? Are you too cold? Too hot? Do you toss and turn all night long trying to will yourself to dream of Ryan Gosling? If you’re like millions of Americans who suffer from insomnia, it’s finally time to change your sleeping habits so you feel rested and refreshed. Here are a few key tips to help you sleep soundly so you can get your beauty rest:
1. Stick to a consistent sleep-wake schedule. Sleeping until noon on the weekends, but waking up at 6 a.m. Monday through Friday? Yeah, that’s not going to cut it.
2. My personal fave: Exercise most days of the week. Um, hello, that’s where theworkoutgirl.com comes into play. Check out the site for workouts you can do at home (or anywhere!). Now you have no excuse to avoid your workouts! Muahahahaha…
3. Try not to eat a big meal, drink alcohol, or exercise three hours or less before bedtime. This is a bigger incentive to put on your gym shoes before you hit the couch after a long day of work.
4. Avoid caffeine in the afternoon and evening. Savor your cup o’ joe in the wee hours of the morning, when your eyes are still bloodshot and your brain is not yet fully functional.
5. Try to relax and unwind before bed. Indulge in a hot bath or shower, sip a hot cup of herbal tea, listen to a mellow playlist, or read a good book. Hell, knock out two birds with one stone with this playlist of karaoke faves to sing in a hot shower: http://songza.com/listen/karaoke-in-the-shower-for-the-ladies-TheWorkoutGirl/
6. Hit the sheets. Unwind with some fun bedroom action with your man candy. Can’t think of a better way to relax! Can you?
Sweet dreams of Ryan Gosling await you!
Like this post? There's more. Get tons of beauty tips, tutorials, and news on the FabFitFun Facebook page!