Give Your Mundane Margarita a Makeover
Let’s be honest, we really don’t need a holiday in order to indulge in a margarita.
But with Cinco de Mayo around the corner, it’s just one more excuse to whip up our fave libation! And since we’re marg connoisseurs, we thought we’d mix things up this year with three unique concoctions. We have got a perfectly pretty pick, a Bourbon-based beverage, and even a health-conscious cocktail — we’ve covered all of our boozy bases.
Test these margaritas this holiday (or any day) and let us know what you think!
2 ounces Casa Noble Organic Tequila (or other 100% agave silver tequila)
2-3 1/2 inch cucumber slices, muddled
1 1/2 ounces fresh squeeze lime juice
3/4 ounce lavender-infused simple syrup
(soak 4-5 sprigs of lavender in simple syrup for 2-3 days, or purchased at farmers markets and specialty grocers)
1. Shake and pour into a twelve 1/2 ounces glass on rocks
2. Garnish with cucumber and fresh lavender blossoms
Mix or shake until combined, then chill and serve
Lime wedge, for rim of glass, plus lime slice, for garnish
Coarse salt, for rim of glass
2 ounces Super Green Juice (recipe follows)
2 ounces tequila
1 ounce orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
Super Green Juice
1-2 large, juicy lemons, peel and pith removed
1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled and cored
2 romaine leaves
1/2 large cucumber
1 cup loosely packed hearty greens, such as spinach or kale
Super Green Juice Directions:
1. Juice, in this order, the lemons, apple, romaine, cucumber, and greens, following your juicer’s specific settings for each
2. Serve the juice immediately over ice, if desired. Yield: 8 to 10 ounces
1. Moisten the rim of a margarita glass with a wedge of lime, and then roll the glass at an angle in the salt so that only the outside of the glass is salted
2. Combine the Super Green Juice, tequila, and orange liqueur in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously for 8 to 10 seconds. Strain into the prepared glass over ice. Garnish with a slice of lime
xx, The FabFitFun Team
Like this post? There's more. Get tons of beauty tips, tutorials, and news on the FabFitFun Facebook page!