Thai-Style Confetti Crunch Cucumber Salad
This sweet, light, crunchy salad is the perfect accompaniment to a summer meal and is so much better than traditional mayo-laden cole slaw.
1 cup distilled white vinegar
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 large cucumber
1 small red pepper
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts , finely chopped
1/2 cup cilantro leaves and stems , chopped
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine vinegar, sugar, and salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar and salt. Cook for 1 minute at a gentle boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- When ready to serve, peel the cucumber and cut in half lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Cut crosswise into slices.
- Dice the red pepper and remove the seeds.
- Grate or finely slice the carrot.
- Place the cucumber, red pepper, carrot, cherry tomatoes, peanuts, and cilantro in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the cooled vinegar dressing over the salad ingredients and mix gently.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Yield: 3-4 cups
We rounded up 11 other delish salad recipes in honor of National Salad Month. Check them out here!
Like this post? There's more. Get tons of beauty tips, tutorials, and news on the FabFitFun Facebook page!