Roasted Vegetable and Quinoa Salad
Courtesy of Lauren Schmitt, owner of Healthy Eating & Training, Inc.
Quinoa is the ultimate super food. The grain packs a ton of protein (8g per cup!) and it’s mighty tasty. We love this hearty vegetarian salad.
1 cup zucchini, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 cup yellow squash, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 cup butternut squash, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 roasted red bell pepper, cut into medium sized strips
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup quinoa
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 cups baby spinach
1 handful feta or goat cheese, crumbled
1 handful pine nuts
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine salt and pepper with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Toss the zucchini, yellow squash, butternut squash in this mixture.
- Place vegetables onto a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 20 minutes, flipping once in the middle. If the vegetables are not cooked thoroughly after 20 minutes, allow them to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Cook the quinoa as directed on the package.
- Mix the remaining teaspoon of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine the quinoa, spinach, and roasted vegetables in a large bowl.
- Toss the dressing into the salad.
- Top with crumbled cheese and pine nuts.
We rounded up 11 other delish salad recipes in honor of National Salad Month. Check them out here!
Like this post? There's more. Get tons of beauty tips, tutorials, and news on the FabFitFun Facebook page!