Casa Vega Restaurant Meatless Mexican Spinach Enchiladas
Recently remodeled by Bravo’s Jeff Lewis, our fave San Fernando Valley hotspot Casa Vega goes veggie crazy in their enchiladas.
1 package of corn tortillas
12 ounces fresh spinach
1/2 sliced white onion
1 tablespoon chopped onion
8 large green tomatillos
2 cups of water
1 bunch of cilantro
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon of salt
1 ounce sour cream
6 ounces shredded cheese, Monterey Jack or Asadero
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a deep pan add the water, tomatillos, onion, cilantro, salt, and garlic. Cook until it boils for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for additional 5 minutes.
3. Pour everything from the pan into a blender and blend well.
4. Next, add the avocado, sour cream and 1 tablespoon of cilantro. Blend until creamy.
5. In a separate flat pan, add oil, tablespoon chopped onion, shredded cheese and 2 ounces of the tomatillo sauce from blender. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add spinach, continuous stir until it is dark green. Set aside.
6. First warm the tortillas with a little canola oil. Lay the warmed tortilla flat and add 3 ounces of spinach mixture down the middle. Roll the tortilla and cover with the sauce you just made. Add a little cheese down the center on top of the tortilla and bake for several minutes until cheese is melted.
7. Serve with Spanish rice, slices of avocado and a touch of sour cream.
Courtesy Casa Vega
For other great healthy Mexican recipes, check out our Cinco de Mayo slideshow!
Like this post? There's more. Get tons of beauty tips, tutorials, and news on the FabFitFun Facebook page!