Recipe: Buttery Cinnamon Pecans
Courtesy of Debbie Johnson, author of Fun with GF/LC Food!
1/2 lb. pecans
1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter) or coconut oil for vegans
1/8 teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan Salt, or more to taste
3/4 teaspoon sweet leaf stevia, or more to taste
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Roast pecans for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on size.
2. Melt ghee/oil in saucepan large enough to hold pecans after roasted.
3. Blend in balance of ingredients and set aside.
4. Toss hot, roasted pecans in pot with melted sauce and stir to coat.
5. Let cool and serve slightly warm or cold. Refrigerate whatever is left.