Meatless Monday: V-Day Dessert Edition!
When we think of chocolate mousse, we don’t normally think of a meat-filled creamy dessert (yuck!). But most sweets like this are full of animal products like dairy, eggs, and casein along with some people’s worst enemy: gluten!
So what’s a health-conscious gal to do come Valentine’s Day when you’re trying to make dessert for you and your beloved? Well now you can give a new meaning to V-Day when you create this delicious vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Mousse from Vegan Divas bakery in NYC!
With silken tofu, non-dairy chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and sucanat to sweeten, this is the perfect, easy, gluten-free dessert to finish off your vegan meal. Yep, this Valentine’s Day the only animals around will be you and your man — rawr!
Vegan Divas Gluten-Free Chocolate Mousse
5 packages of silken tofu
4 cups vegan, kosher, non-dairy chocolate chips
1/4 cup canola oil
3 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups sucanat
1/2 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1. In a large food processor place silken tofu, sucanat, vanilla extract, and salt.
2. Processes for about 7 minutes until all ingredients are fully mixed.
3. In a saucepan, place chocolate chips and canola oil and melt ingredients slowly so the chocolate will not burn or get bitter.
4. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
5. When chocolate is smooth and silky, place melted chocolate in the food-processor with all the ingredients and process for about 5 minutes. Make sure you scrape down the sides of the food -processor.
6. Place in the refrigerator for about 4-5 hours. Top with fresh raspberries or cocoa nibs before serving. For a special occasion, top with an edible gold leaf.
Yield: 15 servings
xx, The FabFitFun Team
Like this post? There's more. Get tons of beauty tips, tutorials, and news on the FabFitFun Facebook page!