Thirsty Thursday: Fleur-Di-Lys
You may not know it by name, but you’d surely recognize its shape — the fleur-de-lis, a stylized lily seen mostly in home decor today, has actually been a symbol associated with the French monarchy since before the 14th century.
So it’s appropriate that this scrumptious cocktail would share its name (with a slight twist) with such a royal emblem — it is, after all, fit for a queen!
What makes this drink so amazing? It’s a delicious blend of Hennessy “Very Special” cognac, cherry bitters, fresh Meyer lemon juice, and a homemade hibiscus pomegranate grenadine that is seriously to die for. Finished with a twist of lemon, it’s one tasty concoction that might have you imagining your single-story rancher as Versailles for a while!
Now where did our chambermaid go?
2 ounces Hennessy V.S.
1 dash of Cherry bitters
1 1/2 ounces fresh Meyer lemon juice
1 ounce hibiscus pomegranate grenadine (recipe below)
1. In a shaker tin, add all liquids and shake with ice.
2. Fine strain into a rocks glass filled with crushed ice.
3. Add twist of lemon to garnish.
Hibiscus Pomegranate Grenadine
1 cup pomegranate juice
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup dried hibiscus flowers
1. In a pot over high heat, combine pomegranate juice and sugar. Bring to a boil and add half a cup of dried hibiscus flowers.
2. Lower the heat and allow it to simmer until the thickness of the syrup can coat the back of a spoon. When the syrup has reached the desired consistency, after approximately 30 minutes, remove the pot from heat and allow to cool before straining out the hibiscus flower particles.
xx, The FabFitFun Team
Like this post? There's more. Get tons of beauty tips, tutorials, and news on the FabFitFun Facebook page!