Does a Smooch a Day Keep the Doctor Away?
Forget the complete lack of food hang ups…the love of long walks…and the daily indulgence of anti-oxidant-filled red wine…
We have finally figured our what makes French women so damn healthy.
It’s the kissing!
Seriously, there are very real health benefits to getting your French kiss on. So this Valentine’s Day we suggest stocking up on mints and smooching that special someone…or the someone closest to you…your health will thank us later!!
1. It’s relaxing: No time for a yoga sesh? Try a little tonsil tennis. A 2009 study found that making out with your partner helped reduce stress and ease anxiety. Studies have also shown that kissing increases levels of oxytocin and endorphins – the body’s natural happy drugs.
2. It boosts your immune system: Have allergies? There’s a kiss for that! Yes, your mouth is filled with germs but apparently those germs can make you stronger. A 2003 study found that smooching can help protect you against allergic triggers.
3. It lowers blood pressure: Kissing has been found to reduce levels of cortisol which in turn helps to lower blood pressure and improve the immune response.
4. It burns calories: OK it’s not exactly like taking a barre class but it can burn 60-80 calories per hour. Enough to indulge in 3-4 Hershey’s Kisses. We suggest sharing them with your partner.
5. It tones facial muscles: Forget the facelift and get your facial workout with some muscle toning smooching. #byebyebotox
xx, The FabFitFun Team
Like this post? There's more. Get tons of beauty tips, tutorials, and news on the FabFitFun Facebook page!